KWIK SEAL ULTRA ADVANCED SILICONIZED SEALANT ADVANTAGES
Advanced, easy clean ultra hydrophobic technology repels water, dirt and stains so the sealant stays looking clean, fresh & new! Guaranteed to stay mould and mildew free for the life of the sealant. This means a longer lasting, cleaner looking bead of sealant.
USES & APPLICATIONS
Showers & Tubs
Countertops & Backsplashes
Vanities & Fixtures
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- To ensure strong adhesion, make sure the area to be sealed is free of all old sealant, clean and dry. As a final step before applying new sealant wipe the seam with rubbing alcohol to remove residue.
- Cut the cartridge nozzle at a 45º angle and load into caulk gun. Hold the caulk gun at a 45º angle to the surface and gently squeeze the trigger with steady pressure to apply an even and consistent bead of sealant to the seam. Move the caulk gun slowly and steadily, filling the joint with sealant.
- Work from the inside out. Seal the inside seams and joints before the external ones so you don’t brush up against any wet caulk and have to reapply the sealant.
- After you’ve applied the sealant, “tool” or smooth the bead of sealant with a caulk finishing tool dipped in water.
- For areas where it may be hard to navigate a caulk gun and cartridge, try using a squeeze tube. Squeeze tubes don’t require a caulk gun and fit easily in the palm of your hand so you can get into tight spaces and corners. It’s also great for smaller projects.
- Prior to sealing, apply painter’s masking tape above and below the joint you’ll be sealing. Once you’ve finished, make sure to remove the tape while the caulk is still wet.
- Yes, KWIK SEAL ULTRA clear applies white and dries clear in 7 days, just like other latex sealants. However, it still can be exposed to water in just 4 hours without washing out.
- Yes, KWIK SEAL ULTRA contains silicone additives, giving it added flexibility and durability.
- No. The advanced repelling technology is built-in throughout the sealant and doesn’t wear or wash away over time.
- Because of its innovative, ultra hydrophobic technology which repels water, liquids, dirt and stains, KWIK SEAL ULTRA cannot be painted. Most sealants used in kitchen and bathroom applications are not painted, so this feature should not be viewed as a negative.
- The new innovative, ultra hydrophobic technology of KWIK SEAL ULTRA repels water, dirt, stains and soap scum, so mildew can’t grow, stains won’t stick and dirt rinses off. If any dirt or scum collects on the sealant, it easily wipes or rinses away, without the need to scrub. However, regular cleaning of the surrounding area of the sealant is suggested.
DETAILS & SPECIFICATIONS
|7079818897||18897||10.1oz / 300ml||WHITE||8x6x12|
|7079818898||18898||10.1oz / 300ml||CLEAR||8x6x12|
|7079818914||18894||5.5oz / 162ml||GLOSS WHITE||9.75x7.25x4.25|
|7079818915||18895||5.5oz / 162ml||CLEAR||9.75x7.25x4.25|