ALEX FLEX 100% CRACKPROOF PREMIUM MOULDING AND TRIM SEALANT
Superior latex performance for demanding interior moulding & trim projects.
High-performance sealant specifically formulated for use on moulding and trim applications. It delivers excellent adhesion and flexibility for a crack proof seal.
ALEX FLEX GAP SEALANT
The ideal choice for sealing gaps and cracks prior to painting for outstanding finish results. it offers maximum flexibility and adhesion for a crack-proof, long lasting seal.VIEW ON AMAZON
Alex Flex Advantages
ALEX FLEX PREMIUM MOULDING AND TRIM SEALANT is a Versatile, All-Purpose Sealant offering all the features you want in the most advanced sealant on the market today.
EASY APPLICATON: Guns easily, tools smoothly, low odour and cleans up with water
LONG-LASTING DURABILTY: 60 Year; cured sealant is mould & mildew resistant
- Paint ready in 30 minutes
- Won’t shine through or discolour paint
- Exceeds ASTM C920, Class 12.5
- 60-year warranty
- 100% waterproof seal
- Cured caulk is mould & mildew resistant
- Easy water clean-up
- Low odour
- Interior/exterior use
- Comes in White
100% CRACK PROOF
Stays flexible to endure expansion and contraction
Professional finish. Won’t shine through or discolour paint
MULTI SURFACE USE
High performance formula ideal for wood, MDF, PVC, polystyrene and composite materials
Fast 30 minute paint ready time. Caulk & paint without the wait.
- DAP® ALEX® acrylic latex caulks are ideal for filling and sealing gaps and cracks around window and door frames, moulding, trim, baseboards, corner joints, and more. They have excellent adhesion to painted and unpainted wood, aluminium, vinyl, metal, brick, drywall, concrete and masonry.
- Remove any old caulk from the seam or joint by cutting or scraping it away. Then clean the area with soap and water to remove dirt, dust, grease or debris. Rinse thoroughly. Make sure the area to be sealed is clean and dry to ensure good adhesion.
- Apply painter’s masking tape to either side of the joint before applying the sealant. Remove the tape before the sealant skins over – about 2-5 minutes. To remove, lift the edge up at a 45° angle and pull away from you.
- To get a professional-looking finish after the sealant has been applied, smooth the bead of sealant with a caulk finishing tool dipped in water. Do this before the sealant starts to skin over, about 2-5 minutes.
- Yes, DAP® ALEX® acrylic latex caulks can be used in both interior and exterior applications. For exterior applications, they should be applied in temperatures above 5°C, and not when rain or freezing temperatures are forecasted before a full cure can occur. Cold weather and high humidity may slow down cure time.
- No, it is only available in white
- No, this product will not adhere over 100% Silicone.
- The joint size shouldn’t exceed 12mm wide by 12mm deep. If the joint depth exceeds 12mm, insert foam backer rod material into the joint before applying the sealant.
- Before drying, they can be easily removed with soap and water. After the caulk has dried, it will need to be cut or scraped away.
- Shiners are unsightly glossy spots that appear when some flexible sealants are painted. DAP® ALEX PLUS®, ALEX FAST DRY® and ALEX FLEX® will not gloss or discolour paint.
- Sealing moulding and trim can be a tricky project if the wrong sealant is used. Multi-piece crown moulding can have up to five or more moving parts that must be sealed. Seasonal changes can cause wood trim to expand and contract, stressing seams year-round. DAP® ALEX FLEX® provides maximum flexibility and adhesion for a crack proof seal, as well as fast paintability and no paint shiners, making it ideal for moulding and trim projects.